Monday, September 16, 2013

Tula Pink's Acacia is here + a new quilt!

We love Tula Pink! Her collections are always filled with awesome imagery in striking colors. Her newest collection for Free Spirit shows her style in its best form to date -- raccoons, arrowheads, and more! We love it!


I wanted to make a quilt from this collection and I wanted something for my queen-sized bed that would go fast. I used the Designer Star Quilt Pattern by May Chappell as my inspiration for this quilt. My finished quilt is 90" x 90" so I cut 11" squares from 1 fat quarter bundle of Acacia. This gave me 4 triangles from each of the 25 prints in the collection.


The background on the front is Kona in Natural. For the back I pieced together my remaining 7" strips and used a cream French General Fleur de Lis print to finish it off.



This quilt was quilted by Jason Spicknall of Secret Stash Quilting here in Denver. I let Jason chose the pattern to quilt with and it is amazing. He quilted a different pattern in the cream vs the print sections of the quilt and used a sunny yellow thread color.


Acacia is now in the shop, so stop by soon to pick some up for your next quilt!


No comments: