Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Morgan Miller

Morgan dropped in to Fancy Tiger Crafts the other day with the most adorable tote embroidered with a Sublime Stitching chihuahua pattern. We loved it and asked her to be one of our featured crafters. She brought in an armload of totally sweet embroidered goodies that she has been stitching away on. I'm loving the vampire-werewolf-mummy dishcloth, lady!

Morgan Miller


1) Tell us a little about yourself.
I am 26 and a commercial photographer here in Denver. I have always loved DIY projects and my parents did lots of crafts when I was growing up. It is just a wonderful, rewarding creative outlet. I love to embroider! I am really into embroidering canvas bags, dish towels and aprons or pretty much anything that I can get my hands on.


2) Tell us about your projects.

I've made some embroidered bags for myself and friends. I have also embroidered some dish towels and an apron my mom made me. It was so simple, I just found some plain canvas bags and some flour sack dish towels, ironed on some Sublime Stitching patterns, put the fabric in an embroidery hoop and started stitching away. You need an embroidery needle and some embroidery floss (you know the stuff you used to make friendship bracelets with.) Once you've got those you can get started. The hardest part is picking the colors of floss to use.


3) How did you learn to embroider?
I started about a month ago and I have been self taught for the most part. I learned a few stitches off of Sublime Stitching's website. I am excited to learn more stitches--there are so many!

4) What is your favorite animal?
That is a tough one because I have so many...probably my dog Pax. He is my best friend.

Thanks Morgan! Happy stitching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zombies would be a good addition to the portfolio of characters.