Friday, May 23, 2014

Jaime's Geometric Leini Dress

If you're a blog reader, you know we recently started carrying Named patterns from Finland. These patterns are beautifully packaged and tend toward more fashion-forward designs. I was excited to try them out and choose to make up the simple dress, Leini.

Pattern: Leini Dress by Named Patterns
Fabric: 2 5/8 main fabric, Japanese cotton print & 1 yd white cotton/silk lining
Size Made: EUR 38, US 6
Alterations: None


The Leini dress features two bold pleats on the front and a fully lined bodice. The bottom is gathered with an elastic waist which makes it easy to finish. I've never done a fully lined top before and I did have to rip some arm holes before understanding the instructions. Once I figured it out, the top came together nicely. I love the way this finishes the top and the cotton/silk blend I used to line this makes it oh-so-soft on the inside.


The fabric I choose is a soft neutral geometric print. This Japanese fabric is a fine cotton sateen - it is extra soft and flowy. We have this print in three colors including a bolder navy and a bright chartreuse if you need more color to your summer wardrobe.


The fit of the dress is great. I did my size 6 with no alterations (knowing there is extra room in the hips because of the gathered waist) and it fits perfect. There is some extra room in the bust so if you have a fuller top, I think this would be a great and flattering pattern. The loose fit of the dress makes it extra comfortable to wear so I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of this on hot summer days.

No comments: