Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Hemlock Tee-a-thon 2014!
It's a Hemlock Tee-a-thon over here. All day, every day just one Hemlock Tee after the other. What's the big deal, you ask? Oh, let me tell you.
1. Its a free pattern from Grainline Studio. We have been crushing hard on Jen, the mastermind behind Grainline Studio, for a while now. She makes classic and thoughtful patterns that fit great so we want to make them again and again. When she released this free pattern last fall, we were thrilled.
2. Knits. It is so fun and forgiving to sew with knits! This pattern is a "one size fits most" and is meant to be worn with a lot of positive ease for a drapey look. Forget about all your worries about fitting a garment. Knits stretch and are forgiving so you can sew this up with confidence.
3. Simple. With only 3 pattern pieces, this top comes together in the blink of an eye. Amber and I both sew them with sergers and just use a double-needle on our regular machines to finish the sleeve and bottom hem. We've got this pattern down and can make one in just an hour. Summer wardrobe = done.
4. Easy to alter. This pattern is simple and that means you can add your own touch to it without having to change it much. Amber made a cute color-blocked tee (one of Jen's suggestions) and we both made a few without sleeves.
5. Cute. Oh yeah. The best thing about this pattern is it is just so dang cute. We can't resist making it again and again and it's a win every time. We have tons of amazing print and solid knits in right now so you too, can make a million of these things.
If you're scared of sewing with knits or just want some time set aside to make one of these babies, you might consider our class that's going on this summer.
Sara will walk you through making a sleeveless version using a regular sewing machine so you won't feel like you have to go home and buy a serger as soon as you're done.