Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Jaime's Sunshine Ruffle Scarf

It is still midsummer and I am already inflicted with the fall knitting bug! I can't wait for fall weather and beautiful hand knits. I just whipped up this sunshine-yellow scarf in anticipation of cool, crisp days.


We recently received a ton of new knitting patterns so I have about a bajillion projects planned. One of the new designers is Grace Akhrem who has some great accessory patterns and I fell in love with this pattern for her ruffled "Seaweed Scarf." I picked up this amazing hand-dyed yellow yarn from Holiday Handmade vendor Murderous Honey and have been waiting for the perfect pattern for it.


The pattern and yarn were made for each other and they came together to make the most summer-tastic, sunshiny yellow, neck-wrapped-in-ruffly goodness of all time.


I knit this up in a week and it gave me the confidence to dive into my fall knitting! I am now working to finish my Iceland sweater before I start my other 3,000 planned projects - this was just the kick I needed to get back into my knitting.


This scarf is going to channel warm sun and farm fields bursting with crops when I don it in the cold gray months to come - I can hardly wait!

No comments: