Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Zareen Kapadia

Zareen is one of our lovely craft night ladies, and a super fantastic seamstress. I love the wrap skirts she's been making lately!

Zareen Kapadia


1) Tell us about yourself. What makes you want to craft?
I do DNA testing in a clinical lab. The fabrics at Fancy Tiger inspire me to sew. Mostly I make gifts (baby clothes, quilts, dolls) but this skirt is just for myself.

2) Tell us about the skirt you made.
This Joel Dewberry Deer Valley print was begging to be a skirt. I followed a McCalls wraparound skirt pattern and embellished it with a tagua nut button.


3) How did you learn how to sew?
I was taught to sew by my stepfather when I was 8 years old on an old treadle foot Singer. I have been sewing ever since.

4) What is your favorite animal?
I admire elephants and also delight in sea creatures.

Check out another of Zareen's cute skirts at our anniversary party!

Thanks Zareen! Happy sewing!

No comments: