Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Roxi

Roxi is the first crafty seamstress we know who has made the new Colette Macaron dress pattern. In fact, she's already made two Macaron dresses! We are so excited to see the Heather Ross Far Far Away unicorn print in her adorable little peach dress.

Roxi


1) Tell us about yourself. What crafts do you like to do?
I'm a PhD student in creative writing at DU. I used to make zines and had a small press for a few years, but have been concentrating on writing lately. I've been obsessed with sewing this summer.

2) Tell us about the dresses you made.
I made the Macaron dress from Colette Patterns. I went to California for a week and my mom helped me; I had no idea how to transfer the markings and etc. The prints are cotton and the top is linen.


3) How did you learn how to sew?
My mom is a good seamstress but we have never really made anything together before, except a pillow when I was in 4H and another pillow for middle school home ec class. My grandmother started a pinwheel quilt but passed away before she finished it; when I was in high school I made hundreds of pinwheels until the quilt was done. I also recently took the a-line skirt class at Fancy Tiger and that helped me a lot with getting an idea of how to fashion a garment.

4) What is your favorite animal?
My cat Timber, he has CH (cerebellar hypoplasia).

Thanks Roxi! Happy sewing!

No comments: