It's that time of year again, when we all just want to stay inside, cozy up to Fancy Tiger's warm fire and knit ourselves a new sweater. Well you're in luck! Our second Annual Sweater Knit-a-Long
is here. Hannah Fettig's new book Knitbot Yoked
contains a collection of four round yoke sweater patterns worked from the top down. These patterns are a great introduction to Fair Isle knitting. Hannah Fettig provides extremely knowledgeable tips and techniques especially if this is your first time trying Fair Isle knitting. The yarn recommended for these sweaters is Quince and Co. Owl. We stock all colors of Owl so make sure to get in your special orders (see details below) to make certain we have your future sweater in stock!
Here is how the KAL works:
- Pick your colors and purchase your yarn, book, and needles from us by January 7th and receive 15% off.
- Fancy Tiger will be taking special orders for Owl from Quince and Co. Place your order by December 16th to make sure we have your colors in stock and reserved for you in time for our cast on!
- Cast on! We will be casting on for our sweaters on January 7th at Craft Night for any local folks who can join.
- Knit! We'll be knitting our sweaters together every Tuesday night for the duration of the KAL.
- Finish! We hope to finish our sweaters by March 11th. Bring your sweater to craft night on the 11th (even if its not done) for a photoshoot and a high five!
- If you don't live in Denver you can still join in the fun. Use the hashtag #fancykal on all your photos so we can follow along with your progress virtually. You can order your yarn from us and receive your discount with a quick email of your order, phone number + mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Of Course here at Fancy Tiger we have already started dreaming up our colors!
|Kayes Cardigan | Barred, Cinnamon, Acacia|
| Basic Round-Yoke Unisex Pullover | Huckleberry|
|Birdie Fair Isle Cardigan (with additional colorwork options in foxes or bunnies) | Hemlock, Chamomile, Cinnamon, Tawny (for a cute fox version!)|
|Willard Fair Isle Pullover | Cerulean & Chamomile|
We are so excited to kick off 2014 with a new Fancy Tiger Crafts Knit- a-long! We can't wait to see what you will make!
oooo...now this i want to do. i love the cardigan and you just can't have enough. however, never made a sweater in my life...about to attempt a baby one. should i worry about joining this?
I think you'll be fine, Chatti! We'd love to have you join. If you can come in on the Tuesday nights, you'll have tons of people to help you!
Post a Comment