Wednesday, February 20, 2013

QuiltCon Sew-a-Thon: Peony Dress

I feel like the luckiest lady because this Friday I get to take Denyse Schmidt's improvisational patchwork class at QuiltCon! Yippee!


In order to show my super-fandom, I whipped up the Colette Peony in Denyse's new Shelburne Falls fabric, in the Circle Square Willow print. I plan to woo Ms. Schmidt to be my new craft friend with my adorable new look.


This is the first time I've made the Peony and I absolutely love this dress! I made it sans cumberbund--since this was a craft crunch situation. I split the difference between short and 3/4 length sleeve options and settled on an elbow length sleeve.


I love the fit of this dress! The high neck with bateau neckline is modestly charming, and the tailored bodice is flattering without being constricting.


I'm already on the lookout for the perfect fabric for my next Peony!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Uh oh. I think I just got something new in my queue.

Looks perfect!

Anonymous said...

this looks great on you! and i love your sleeve length choice too. you have inspired me

Wens said...

Wow nicely done! Such a cute dress. Have fun at QuiltCon!

Tracy said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Great fabric and great fit :)