Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Better Know A Crafter: Calarri Cox

Calarri dropped by the store and was looking quite snazzy in a totally handmade ensemble! We are inspired by her Aurelia Cardigan which she made with soft organic jersey and a Joel Dewberry print--we will certainly be adding this Sew Liberated pattern to our must-sew for spring list.

Calarri Cox


 
Tell us about your crafty self.
I am a high school teacher. I love to be creative and make beautiful and fun things for my family. I like to make clothing for my daughter and myself.


Tell us about the handmade-ness you are wearing.
I made the Barcelona Skirt by Amy Butler with a few embellishments and the Aurelia Cardigan by Sew Liberated. I sew on my Bernina and I love it. I used an embroidery pattern from the book, Sublime Stitching: Embroidered Effects for the peacocks.


How did you learn to sew?
My grandmothers both sew (one professionally) and I learned what I know from my mother.

What is your favorite animal?
Dogs who like to cuddle.

Thanks Calarri! Happy stitchin'!

3 comments:

Karena Lindell said...

How beautiful! You guys should do a class on the Aurelia cardigan! Looks like an amazing pattern!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown said...

Do you have a shop?