Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Colette

Colette is a darling crafter who is always working on projects of all different sorts. Her gerbil also likes to craft a cozy home out of local alpaca fiber, so she is a regular in our wool and fiber room. She recently stopped by with an adorable quilt made from her collection of fat quarters.

Colette


1) What crafts do you do?
I sew, knit, paint, grow stuff, and hang out with my cat and gerbil (who is a huge fan of Fancy Tiger's llama & alpaca hair). I'm crafty because it's how I've always been. I enjoy making stuff instead of buying it.

2) Tell us about the quilt you've made.
No pattern, I just organized the colors of the fat quarters. I like quilting because it creates something people really like to use and it can be either something super simple or more involved and interesting just based on how you want the project to be.


3) How did you learn to sew?
Most sewing I learned from my Aunt Sally, a fabulous seamstress and costumer in Chicago, and from trial and error and figuring it out on my own.

4) What is your favorite animal?
Penguins, gerbils, hamsters, cats, turtles, squirrels and various marsupials. I like animals.

Thanks Colette! Happy crafting!

No comments: