Tuesday, December 03, 2013

2013 Holiday Gift Picks: Fancy Staff Picks (Part 2)

Welcome to part two of our Staff Picks Holiday Gift Guide! Today we have the best curated selection of craft supplies for the handspinners, knitters and seamsters in your life!

It's Miranda here! After spinning hundreds and hundreds of yards of yarn for Spinzilla, I'm finally ready to look at fiber to replenish my stash. There's no dreamier fiber than Sleep Season Goods roving! Meg's fiber inspires me to try new spinning techniques to let the colors really shine. She dyes the most beautiful colors onto several sheep varieties like Falkland and Wensleydale, and I can't wait to try them all. Happy stitching!

Hey guys, it's me Tina! I was just thinking that I would really love to make an apron for cooking epic feasts. I really love the design of the Emmeline Apron, and the best part is that it's reversible. I would love to make my apron out of this new Super Lucha Libre by Alexander Henry. The flip side will be made of Dollar Signs from the Amy Sedaris Collection because cooking for friends and family is totally money! Not only is this combo AWESOME, it also matches my battle babes oven mitt Miranda made me this summer. So, if anyone would like to just make me my dream apron the Emmeline Apron, it's taught as a class right here at FTC! Happy Holidays, friends.

Hi, it's Nathalie! When winter weather hits, all I want to do is knit sweaters. I've been eyeing the Reine Cardigan from Brooklyn Tweed for months - I love the simple but elegant construction and the pocket detail. I'd pair it with Loft yarn in the color Plume, also from Brooklyn Tweed, for a lovely project kit. This is a gift that would keep me busy knitting and would result in a cardi I'd cherish for years!

Hi, it's Amber here! I am really excited about the new line of Walden patterns from Colette. These unisex patterns are classic and utilitarian, and might ask that you get out your mallet and awl. Hott! I'd pair this Portland-made sewing pattern for the Cooper Bag with some graphic screenprinted heavy cotton fabric from Premier Prints out of Mississippi. Throw in some Heavy Duty Fabric Wax by Portland's own Otter Wax and you have the makings of an awesome all-weather bag. Even better, all these amazing craft  supplies are made in the USA!

Hey y'all! This is Sara. My holiday pick would absolutely be the fabulous Knit Collage yarn. Since our last shipment arrived, I have been dreaming up a beautiful, lush cowl of this unique and sparkly yarn. As an added bonus, it's so fun and full of treasures, it will knit quickly and not add to my never-ending list of crafty to-do's. I could make a new cowl for New Year's!

As you can probably guess, we pretty much dream about amazing craft projects and supplies each and every day, so if you need more ideas for the perfect gift, swing by the shop and give us a chat!

xoxo,
the Fancy Tigers

No comments: