Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Earth and Skies the Limit!

Allison's Earth + Sky


I was obsessed with using Tosh Light in Maple Leaf, Onyx and Smokestack together in a project but wasn't quite sure what to do. I found the perfect solution in the Earth and Sky shawl. I started knitting it in the medium size about a month before Stephen West came to visit the shop but I made sure to have it finished and blocked for his arrival. It was a really fun shawl to knit and, of course, Madelinetosh is always a pleasure to work with. It is now one of my favorite shawls to wear.


Amber's Earth + Sky


When Stephen visited the shop I fell in love with many of his samples, but the one I wanted to steal away for my very own was his Earth and Sky shawl in luscious Road to China Light. I decided I must make it.


For my shawl I couldn't resist using the same exact yarn in the same exact colors as Stephen's version: Smoky Quartz, Aquamarine and Grey Pearl. I mean, it's such a hot combo! I made the size large and it's the coziest thing I've ever wrapped myself up in!


Next time Stephen visits we can be shawl twinsies!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Allison showed me her beauty last week when I came in. I am inspired to make my own. LOVE the yellow & greys. Your mad photoshopping skills always crack me up!!!

westknits said...

I love them! You're both so stylin'!

Stephanie said...

They are both so, so gorgeous. I need to stop in and get supplies for one of those!

Anonymous said...

Love the shawls, Gals! Allison is rocking those colors, and I had the same reaction when I saw West's sample- I wanted the same misty cloud colors, too! But now that I see Allison's... hmmmmm... There are too many choices at Fancy Tiger, and too many projects I want to do. But there are worse problems to have in this world...