Monday, November 05, 2012

Donegal Tweed is Here from Ireland!

When Carol Feller visited us, she gushed about one of her favorite yarns, Soft Donegal Irish tweed. We fell head over heels for it when we saw her beautiful sweater designs in all this tweedy, soft goodness.

So we decided we must have it! It turned out to be quite the adventure, as this classic yarn isn't distributed here in the US. We went straight to the source and sought out Studio Donegal in Ireland.


This tweed has a softer hand than traditional tweeds. Soft Donegal uses a merino wool for this tweed, which means it is soft and cozy against the skin. It is the perfect tweed for sensitive skin.


We are already swatching in this yarn, so stay tuned to see what we make!

3 comments:

westknits said...

Yowza! I love the bright red-orange at the top left! Wowee!

Carol said...

I just got back from Ireland and bought four skeins of these! I'm not sure what to make yet...

Anonymous said...

Ahh! My boyfriend got me a couple skeins of Soft Donegal when he was traveling in Ireland last year, and I knitted it up into a BT Setzer cowl. I live in DC, but am so glad to know at least one shop in the States is selling this incredible yarn!