Thursday, November 08, 2012

Better Know A Crafter: Athena Patacsil

Whenever Athena comes in to the shop we are always excited to see what yarns and projects she will pick out, because she makes the most beautiful things! Her newest sweater is no exception.

Athena Patacsil
 


Tell us about your crafty self!
I am an alchemist. I create all kinds of crafty goods out of various materials. It feels so good to dive into projects, pouring heart and soul into it and experiencing the finished project. I knit, crochet, sew, craft with paper, design with my computer and play often. Sharing with others and inspiring is extremely fulfilling to me. Crafting really is magical...


Your sweater is beautiful! Tell us about knitting it.
This is my favorite sweater that I have knit so far. I fell in love with the Road to China Light yarn and knew I had to make a fabulous sweater for myself out of it. I found the perfect pattern, Silken Scabbard, from stitchdiva.com and knit like crazy. Overall it took about three weeks and now I love to wear it!


How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself to "really" knit when I was 18, but my mom introduced me to it by teaching me to cast on, knit and purl. We knit afghans together, but I wanted to expand. I ended up teaching myself the continental way by knitting sweaters, and haven't looked back...

What is your favorite animal?
Owls, of course! :)

Thanks Athena! Happy knitting!

No comments: