Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jaime's Brickroad Cowl

 
Ever since we ordered the Madelinetosh Light yarn at the June TNNA, I have been dreaming of knitting up this cowl. The Brickroad Cowl pattern is a pattern by Madelinetosh that shows off the beauty of the fingering merino yarn perfectly. I cast on back in October and just finished it! (We were pretty busy over the holiday season moving the shop and all...)


I love this cowl! The pattern calls for two colors and I knew back in June that I wanted to use the neon Edison Bulb and subtle, creamy Antler for mine. The cowl is knit in the round, alternating the color pattern in the middle, and then seamed with a 3 needle bind off to finish. The result is a thick, double weight tube with a reversible color pattern. The color pattern is a simple slip knit pattern that is easy to memorize after a couple of rounds and makes for an easy and mindless knit. I love the way the cream color slightly subdues the neon.


Of course, since this is Madelinetosh Light it is super soft and the double layers make it wonderfully warm. You will probably be able to spot me from anywhere in this cowl, so be sure to say "hi" next time you see me in it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so very cozy!!

Carol said...

This is so pretty! Do you sell this pattern? I'm looking for (another) mindless cowl knitting project. Thanks!
Carol

Fancy Tiger Crafts said...

We do sell the pattern, Carol - come on by!