Pattern: Deer & Doe's Robe Sureau
Fabric: Blue polka dotted Lecien lawn
Size Made: 46
Alterations: I made the waist a bit bigger and added a few cm to the skirt. I also shortened the sleeves.
I didn't make a muslin, and decided to dive right in with alterations (no, I would not recommend this but I was on a time crunch!). I was really concerned the waist would be too snug, so I simply "let out" the darts on both the front and back bodice a little bit. They were in the exact same place, with the same bust point, but were just a bit skinnier than the pattern suggests. I've never done this kind of alteration before, but it totally worked! I added a few cm to the front and back skirt as well. In the end, it was actually a bit loose in the waist for my liking, but it's not too noticeable with a belt.
Our lovely photos were taken by Danielle of DeFiore Photography. She was amazing and totally embraced the crafty theme! Check back in a few months to see what I make for the big day!
Lovely dress, fabulous photos.....Congratulations!
Post a Comment