Monday, December 10, 2012

Jaime's Heirloom Forester Sweater

I recently finished a new sweater! This cold weather had me wanting a sweater out of our rustic Heirloom Romney yarn. The Forester pattern by Michele Wang for Brooklyn Tweed fit the bill perfectly.


The Forester gets its marled look by knitting with two strands of different colors held together. This creates a bulky yarn so this sweater knit up quick on a size 11 needle. The construction is my favorite style- top down raglan and seamless! Yay!


This sweater is meant to be over-sized and worn over leggings or skinny jeans so it is super cozy and warm. Our Heirloom Romney yarn is perfect for outerwear - this sweater is almost like a jacket and kept me warm in chilly fall temperatures for hours.


I obsessed over colors for days and finally decided on Natural, the un-dyed pale grey, with Elderberry, the deepest, darkest purple for my Forester.


I am thrilled with the results. The sweater is a simple design, but the marled yarns keep it interesting. Also, I love cowl necks so much! The cowl on this sweater was knit last by picking up stitches around the neckline and ribbing with even bigger size 13 needles for maximum cowl-coziness. Perfect!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jaime, it is so beautiful!

Karen T said...

I have this on my to-knit list (and yarn for it already) but it looks fantastic in this wool. Think I need to get my hands on some of that.

Jeanne Lois said...

I'm loving this sweater in the heirloom! SO perfect

Anonymous said...

OMG THIS IS PERFECT WHERE DID YOU GE THE PATTERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!