Thursday, February 18, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Emily VanGilder

Emily visited Fancy Tiger Crafts wearing the most adorable hooded scarf knit from soft Malabrigo worsted. We couldn't take our eyes off of it! We imagine frolicking through the forest while picking wild herbs and berries wearing this! Jaime is already planning on knitting one of her very own.

Emily VanGilder


Tell us about yourself...What makes you want to be crafty?
I am a medical student--I graduate in May. I'm going into obstetrics and gynecology. I craft as a creative outlet. Knitting is my art.

How did you make your scarf?
This is the Peaks Island Hood pattern by Ysolda Teague (available in Whimsical Little Knits 2). I added 4" of seed stitch to make it longer. I used Malabrigo yarn in Polar Morn--2.2 balls, straight needles in size 10.5, and three buttons.


How did you learn to knot?
My grandma taught me to knit many years ago. I picked it up again when my fiance worked at a restaurant that shared a building with a yarn shop.

What is your favorite animal?
Otter!

Thanks Emily! Happy knitting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Emily! It looks fabulous!.....berries?