Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Becky Wareing

We are totally in awe of Becky's luscious alpaca, pom-pom embellished, crocheted scarf. My-oh-my, it is softer than a unicorn baby. When she wears it she is like a magical creature.

Becky Waring of Becky's Buttons


1) What makes you want to be crafty?
My main focus is usually on buttons (insert shameless plug here...) but I was raised in a really creative environment so I've always experimented with different crafts such as: embroidery, cross-stitching, anything with googly eyes or feathers, needlefelting, jewelry making, anything I can get my hands on.


2) Tell us about your crocheted scarf.
This was my first time doing the puff stitch and needless to say I got a lot of practice with it. this is crocheted with 100% alpaca and it's super soft. I also got to use various pom-pom makers for the finishing touches. The pattern is from the book Pop Goes Crochet! by Vickie Howell.

3) How did you learn to crochet?
Zach at Fancy Tiger taught me how to crochet, best class ever. Thanks Zach!

4) What is your favorite animal?
My cats and cephalopods.

Thanks Becky! Happy crafting!

3 comments:

mamafox said...

I got to meet Becky at the Art by Craft Market yesterday. She is one super cool and talented chic. I just love love love the scarf. I need one for myself.

Vital, Crystal said...

Yeah, Becky! And that is one wonderful scarf!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Becky! Your picture inspired me to me make one too, thank you!