Friday, December 21, 2012

Love Letter to Dull Roar's Alex Tinsley

Dear Alex Tinsley,

We love your patterns. I've been really into fringe and wanted to make a fringed shawl. Of course, you had already written the perfect pattern, the "Bad Oyster." 


We've made several of your patterns before like the Dandy Scarf and Phoncible Hat. They are always so witty in their construction and on-trend in their design. How do you do it? This shawl design blew my mind when I knit the whole thing in the round and then steeked and unraveled it to create the fringe. STEEKED FRINGE? It's like my two favorite things all wrapped up in one Stevie Nicks-inspired package.

Exciting Steeking (cutting of the finished knit piece) at Craft Night
I choose Madelinetosh Light in "Antique Lace" for this one...I'm a sucker for awesome color names. Anyway, I really love it and just wanted to let you know.


I know we've never met, but I'm pretty sure we'd be great friends. Hopefully we can hang out one day. In the meantime we will look forward to seeing what you design next.



Sincerely,
Jaime and everyone at Fancy Tiger Crafts

1 comment:

Alex said...

Aww, I love you guys too, (even though I've never been there, I can totally tell that I *would*. Someday!!) Thank you for totally brightening up my day!

(Looove Antique Lace, it looks fabulous!)