Monday, December 17, 2012

Amber's Donegal Tweed Peabody Sweater

I just finished knitting my first Brooklyn Tweed sweater! The Peabody Sweater by Leila Raabe is a quick knit in worsted weight yarn. I used Studio Donegal's Soft Donegal, a classic Irish tweed with a traditional rustic texture, but the softness of merino wool. 


I couldn't resist the bright green for my new sweater. It's a colorful warm thing to brighten up snowy days! The lace inserts kept my interest and had me loving charts. Our new highlighter tape is a chart knitter's best friend, by the way, to keep you on track when you have a large chart to follow.  

I did make a few mistakes in the lace, but thank goodness Miriam Felton shared her lace-fixing wizardry with me the last time she visited! Dropping down a lace panel several rows in your handknitting sure gives you the feeling you can do anything! Yes, there is a glass of wine in the background...


I am in love with my new Peabody sweater! Now I'm hooked--I have my eye on a couple more Brooklyn Tweed patterns...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! Congratulations :D Very inspiring knit.

Unknown said...

It is so beautiful!

Jeanne Lois said...

oh my gosh! So scary ! I saw that picture and was nervous, but duh you're a wizard and fixed it with ease!! Looks BEAUTIFUL.

Allison said...

That sweater looks fantastic and I really love the color you chose. That picture is lace wizardry. I have never seen anything like that.