Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jaime's Fall Knitting: Little Colonnades for all!

Fall weather makes my hands itch to be knitting! Crisp cool air get me thinking of wool and alpaca and all of the accessories and cardigans I want to be wearing and making. I started this fall off right by making two quick and easy accessories: the Little Colonnade for myself and my partner, Matthew.


Our CSA harvest party was held on a chilly fall evening up in the foothills so it was the perfect time to debut my newest knitwear. You might be aware that I almost exclusively knit with un-dyed wools and alpacas which are always neutrals and rarely any color. I was really trying to break out and I think I succeeded with the bright pink and purple Zauberball I used for my Little Colonnade.

The Little Colonnade is a pattern by Stephen West who also designed our favorite Daybreak pattern. This little shawl features a simple but beautiful lace border. I like my shawls small as I prefer to wear them as neck-wraps, so I left out the last section of lace border for a slightly smaller shawl than the pattern calls for.


The best thing about Stephen West's patterns is they are equally hot on men as on women. Matthew was super excited for me to knit one up for him as well, and he picked out a kettle-dyed brown Malabrigo sock yarn.


If you are as ready for fall knitting as we are over here at Fancy Tiger Crafts, you will be happy to hear we just received Stephen West's new self-published book. This is his first collection of patterns and we can't wait to knit them all! Westknits Book One features eight new patterns of his original geometric-style accessories for men and women. You can be sure to see some of these featured soon on our blog!


Stay tuned to see what Amber and Emily have been knitting up so far this fall!

No comments: