Here is how we made our felted acorn ornaments:
- Take a pinch of wool roving about 3" long (we have over 120 colors here at the shop to choose from).
- Roll the roving in your hands first and then dip the loose, woolly ball into a bowl of hot, soapy water (we just use dish soap).
- Now roll the wet ball over and over in your hands until it is nice and felted (this may take a few minutes so be patient.) You can alternate dipping your ball into cold water and the hot soapy water to speed up the felting process.
- Once your ball looks nice, rinse it in cold water and set onto a towel to dry.
- When your felted ball is dry, simply hot glue a real acorn top to it. You can collect all different types of acorn tops for different sized balls. We tied a piece of yarn around the top of the acorn to hang.
Have fun and Happy Holidays!