First, we are sooo excited about Anna Maria Horner's new collection coming out this December, Little Folks. Little Folks continues themes of her last collection, but all the prints are in a fine, soft and drape-y cotton voile. Also, she's doing a line of dobby voile (pictured) and flannel. Anna Maria Horner has a new book coming out next spring titled "Handmade Beginnings" as well as three new sewing patterns! How does she do it?!
Amy Butler was her usual sweet self and seems to be super busy with tons of exciting new things. As you know her new collection, Love is out now. She showed us her new sewing patterns coming out next spring, including a new skirt pattern, two new dresses, a tunic top and a jacket pattern. We really loved her jacket sample done up in the upcoming laminated fabric--cutest raincoat ever!
I was so happy to finally meet my all-time favorite fabric designer, Etsuko Furuya, who designs the Echino collection for Kokka. She was adorable in her purple Echino dress. Her newest collection is stunning as always. She showed us some of her handiwork, like patchwork bags she made of her own fabrics and fake fur! Here is a preview of some of the fabrics sewn up in slippers, bags and pillows. The new Echino collection will be here in January in its entirety.
Other exciting things that weren't photographed:
- 4 new quilt patterns from Denyse Schmidt as well as a new line of fabric (we loved it!!)
- a new line of fabric from French General
- Heather Bailey's new Nicey Jane collection and new sewing patterns!
- gnome fabric from Michael Miller that is creepy and awesome
- mushroom fabric from just about everyone (mushrooms seemed to be the big thing this fall)
- Sewn Spaces--a home dec book from Joel Dewberry coming out this Spring