Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Better Know A Crafter: Alicya Tebo

Alicya is one of our craft night regulars and an amazing knitter. She just finished knitting some really great mittens inspired by the Twilight movie (which I admit has been a pretty hot topic at craft night) out of super soft Baby Alpaca Chunky. We photographed Alicya at our favorite neighborhood ice cream shop, Sweet Action Ice Cream.

Alicya Tebo

1) Tell us a little about yourself.
I am a photography student at the Art Institute of Colorado. I am almost always knitting or taking photographs of knitting related things. I love fusing my knitting with my photography.


2) Tell us about the project you've made.
I made Bella's knitted mittens from the Twilight movie. The original mittens are by Ruth Cross, I used the base of Marielle Henault's pattern that I found off Ravelry and mixed it up a bit with a different stitch for the palms to make it more like Ruth Cross' mittens.


3) How did you learn to knit?
My sister taught me how to knit left handed three times. It wasn't until my friend Kathleen taught me while we were playing Dead Rising that it really stuck.

4) What is your favorite animal?
Dinosaurs, kittens, binturongs, bunnies, owls, unicorns.

Thanks Alicya! And thanks Sweet Action Ice Cream! We love you!


No comments: