Friday, March 28, 2014

Jaime's Plaid Tova

Another day, another Tova. If you are a FTC blog reader, you are familiar with this pattern by Wiksten as this is the fifth one I've made. I just love this pattern. The fit is great and it is both cute and comfortable to wear. It's also perfect for spring time weather!


Pattern: Tova by Wiksten
Fabric: plaid cotton, 2 yards
Size and style made: Top style, size small
Alterations: added 2 buttons on bib for a more modest top


We have recently gotten in a ton of new, amazing fashion fabrics - shirtings, yarn-dyed plaids, chambrays, rayons, and even silk! Karyn of The Workroom in Toronto (an endless source of sewing inspiration) posted a picture of a checker Tova where she put the checker print on a diagonal for the bib. I loved it and have been wanting to make a plaid Tova like this ever since. This new bright coral and royal blue lightweight cotton plaid fit the bill perfectly.


I like to add buttons to my Tova's so I did this again here. I used some rectangle black corozo buttons (a vegetarian and natural substitute for horn). A bright pink thread adds even more color to my new top.


If you're looking for a new pattern for spring top, checkout the amazing Tova pattern, it will continue to be one of my favorites!

No comments: