Monday, September 24, 2012

Brooklyn Tweed + Sleep Season + Iceland = Magic

Megan Mahaffey of Sleep Season Goods dyes beautiful yarn. When she delivered the latest batch of her hand-dyed yarns, I fell in love with one and had to keep it--the skein is a pale green with hints of neon green and yellow-y brown. I needed a project to keep me busy on a flight to Iceland so when Allison suggested a Norby hat, I was sold.


The Norby pattern is a design by Gudrun Johnston for Brooklyn Tweed and was featured in their Wool People 2 collection (also available here at Fancy Tiger Crafts!) I love the slouchy look and thought it would show off the slight variegation of the yarn perfectly (not to mention, I'm a huge Gudrun fan!). Several Fancy Tiger staff had already knit this pattern up so I had a chance to covet their hats as well. A seven hour flight to Reykjavik gave me plenty of time to finish the hat so I had a new accessory to show off in Iceland.


This hat was the perfect hat for Iceland! The colors were reminscent of the moss and changing trees that covered the lava fields. Megan called this color "Juniper", but I've re-named it "Iceland Moss Magic".


If you want to dye yarn this beautiful yourself, be sure to sign up for Megan's class this Tuesday (tomorrow!) here at Fancy Tiger. Stay tuned for more about Iceland in my 2012 Iceland Wool Report!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So incredibly beautiful, Jaime. Nice work.

Jeanne Lois said...

I love that color! perfect location, it truly is majestic! not to mention your hand knit sweater too... keep it up lady! I love seeing all your projects