Thursday, February 03, 2011

Knitting Jared Flood

We have all been busy working on epic knitting projects this winter so our project posts have been sparse. I did take some time to whip up a couple of small projects last month that both used patterns from Jared Flood. If you're not familiar with Jared Flood, his stunning photography has made him famous among knitters. He designs sophisticated patterns and now has his own line of US grown yarns that we are dying to get our hands on.


Have you heard how in love I am with yellow right now? I came back from Iceland with a suitcase full of yellow yarn! This project is the Romney Kerchief from Jared Flood's blog. While he does not write out the pattern, Jared gives plenty of details as to how he made this simple triangle shawl and it was easy for me to figure out. I picked up this lichen-dyed Lopi lace yarn in Iceland and was looking for the perfect pattern for it. I love how simple this pattern is - perfect to show off the rich color and texture of the yarn. I love my Lopi Kerchief!


In October we went to the Taos Wool Market and I fell in love with the un-dyed yarns from Elsa Wools. Their yarns are all made from Cormo wool sourced from Colorado and Montana and are US milled. The woolen-spun Cormo yarn is springy and soft. I decided on knitting Jared's Ptarmigan cowl pattern. I wanted something that would knit up quick during the busy holidays. This cowl is super warm and the lace pattern looks great in the pale un-dyed gray of the wool.



Yay for knitting!

1 comment:

Blue said...

Please keep trying to get your hands on Jared's new yarn! I'd love to see it here, or at least get an in-person review. :)