Thursday, December 30, 2010

Better Know A Crafter: Karen Sobel

Karen is a multi-talented crafter. An amazing seamstress and knitter, she came in recently wearing two of our very favorite patterns--the Schoolhouse Tunic by Sew Liberated and the Daybreak Shawl by Stephen West. We, of course, love them both and thinks she looks adorable sporting them together!

Karen Sobel


1) Tell us about your crafty self.
I'm a librarian for CU-Denver. I started knitting for stress releif during grad school and fell in love. My favorite thing about knitting is giving gifts and seeing people enjoy them. I am learning to sew.

2) Tell us about your outfit.
This is the Schoolhouse Tunic; I loved the big print fabric. They just seemed to fit together. You can also see my first Daybreak shawl, which turned out a little funky but is so soft.

3) How did you learn your skills?
My grandmother taught me knitting and crocheting skills and my mom taught me some sewing skills when I was a teenager. They've both passed away, but I feel they'd both be happy that I picked up their crafts. It makes me feel close to them.

4) What is your favorite animal?
Giraffes! Long story.

Thanks Karen! Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aww! Thanks for posting my pic! You guys have truly inspired me to keep sewing, knitting, and sharing. Fancy Tiger rocks. :)